Submit a Bite-Size Video for a Chance to Win $5,000!
Rules and Prizes
Share a short video about a dry cleaner’s experience using Evercare lint removal products in their dry cleaning business for a chance to win!
What are we looking for?
Evercare is re-launching its famous line of lint rollers in 2015 and wants to share dry cleaner stories and expertise with its customers. No one knows “clean” better than dry cleaners!
We’re asking for short videos featuring professional dry cleaners explaining what they like about Evercare lint roller products and how Evercare lint roller performance benefits their businesses and their customers. A team of Evercare judges will pick the finalists and the winner, who will receive $5,000 for their submission. It’s that easy!
Each video will be between 30 seconds and two minutes long. Evercare is more focused on what dry cleaners say rather than how they say it, so you don’t need any fancy video equipment – filming on a smartphone in the shop is just fine!
Your video can be entertaining, “just the facts” or both. (We know that pet hair can be humorous and not-so-humorous!) Include the name of the dry cleaning business and, if you want, the name or names of employees. These are the dry cleaner’s personal stories, so have fun and be creative to make your winning video!
The deadline for all entries is Monday, January 19, 2015. The winner will be announced February 2, 2015.
Evercare is very proud to be the inventor of the original lint roller in 1956 (the Helmac Lint Pic-Up) and today’s leading lint roller innovator. With the re-launch of their consumer line, they want to help the consumer understand that Evercare’s technology can help them look their lint-free best! Consumers will benefit from the same technology as professional dry cleaners, with Evercare’s microscopic adhesive bubbles, layered onto a flexible paper substrate, with easy peel tabs. This technology has been tested to provide maximum stickiness and the best roller surface for both textured and delicate fabrics. — All reasons that 7 out of 10 dry cleaners use and prefer Evercare!
Not a dry cleaner?
You can still get involved! Team up with a dry cleaner in your community to help them film and submit their videos. If your jointly created video is chosen as the winner, you can split the prize money however you’d like with the dry cleaner. We recommend agreeing on and documenting any prize-splitting terms prior to creating the video and submitting your entry.
To find a dry cleaner in your area, visit http://www.dlionline.org/Professional-Drycleaner, or try searching for “dry cleaner in <your city>” online.
Picking the Finalists: The Video Contest Committee, which includes representatives from Evercare, will select the best videos submitted and post the finalists on a devoted video contest finalist webpage. (If your entry has 100+ views on YouTube you are automatically a finalist.) The Video Contest Committee will select the winner, based on content, creativity, and number of views.
The creator of the winning video will receive $5,000 and may be shown on Evercare’s website. Winners are responsible for any taxes on their prize and for any potential agreements to share the prize money with a co-creator.
Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long and must not exceed two minutes.
- The entrant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Videos must feature a professional dry cleaner.
- Videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including copyrighted background music) unless you have the rights to the material.
- Videos must be the entrant’s original creation.
- Videos cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of the Video Contest Committee.
- Videos must be in English.
- Each person featured in the video must provide consent to appear in your video and must sign a release form, which can be found here. We will email you a digital version of the release form that can be e-signed when you submit your video, though it might be a good idea to print a few copies and bring them with you when you film.
- Evercare reserves the right to reject, not to use or make available for public viewing, or at any time remove any video that is found unsuitable for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- All submitted videos may be used for promotional purposes by Evercare.
- The title of your video should follow this format: “Evercare Lint Roller Review – Dry Cleaner’s Name” (Ex: Evercare Lint Roller Review – John Smith).
- In the description for your video, copy and paste the following text:
Professional dry cleaners like me have experience using many different brands of lint rollers. Some lint rollers are fantastic and others just don’t compare. I choose the Evercare brand and this is my story.
The video file size must be no larger than 1GB.
We accept these video file formats: mpeg, mov and avi.
How to submit your video
Upload your video to YouTube and complete the entry form below.
If you don’t know how to upload a video, visit http://goo.gl/X1cH6C for a helpful video tutorial.
We’re here to help! Email us at email@example.com. (The AIMsights Group is managing the contest for Evercare.)